I came across an issue today that the client would like to rename their AD because of some business decisions. They are wondering how to move CRM under the new domain. Well to move CRM from old domain to the new domain, here are the steps that you can follow:
- Backup the [Organization]_MSCRM database.
- Backup the custom reports if you have any.
- Uninstall CRM 4.0 from the CRM server.
- Remove the MSCRM_Config database.
- Reinstall CRM 4.0 and choose to setup a new Organization option during the install.
- Restore the existing [Organization]_MSCRM database.
- Logon to the CRM server and launch CRM Deployment Manager.
- Import existing organization and then follow the wizard to remap the users in the new AD.
- Verify that you can logon back to the CRM environment.
That’s it! If you run into any this issue in the future, now you can follow the steps above to redeploy CRM.