Recently I got a new Lenovo T400 laptop from work to replace my outdated IBM T60. I got it back from IT support, they locked my IE home page to an internal site through group policy. Since I travel quite a bit and not in the office, it takes me 5 to 10 seconds every time that I open a failure page in IE because it tries to load that internal site. It was very annoying for me.
I Bing, I found a way through registry that I can re-enable setting IE home page again. I like to blog it for my future reference and for anyone who has this problem.
So to re-enable setting IE home page again, here are the steps:
- Start | Run | Type regedit.
- Navigate to this registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel.
- Right click on HomePage, select Modify.
- Change the value from 1 to 0, then click OK button.
- Restart Internet Explorer.
After you updated the registry, you should able to change your Home Page in your Internet Explorer.