Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Email Router Issue Continues

The client contacted me this morning telling me that they still seeing the same amount of messages in the forward mailbox. The number of messages didn’t reduce at all. That makes me wondering why this is happening. So I did a LiveMeeting session with them. We logged on to the mailbox via OWA, we saw the new messages in the inbox got processed, the reason that the Exchange admin console still showing the 44,000 messages because the messages got moved to the undeliverable folder. Ah… that’s why we didn’t see the number of messages reduce in the Exchange admin console. Once we move the messages from the undeliverable folder to inbox, the router starts to process the messages.

I checked the event view, I saw some errors and warnings like this one below:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSCRMEmail
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: Date
Time: Time
User: N/A
Computer: Computer Name
#9628 - An error occurred while delivering the e-mail message with subject "Subject" in mailbox E-mail Address for delivery to http://crm/CRM. System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request.
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at Microsoft.Crm.Sdk.Proxy.CrmService.Execute(Request Request)
at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.CrmPollingMailboxProvider.DeliverMessageInternal(EmailMessage emailMessage)
at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.ExchangePollingMailboxProvider.DeliverMessageInternal(EmailMessage emailMessage)
at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.CrmPollingMailboxProvider.DeliverMessage(EmailMessage emailMessage)
at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.CrmPollingMailboxProvider.Run()\r\n
Generic SQL error.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at

This was a known error from Microsoft. After we upgraded CRM to RU #1 by installing the rollup on the server, clients and the email router, the issue is resolved.

OK, just in case you run into similar issue, I hope this will help you.

No comments: