Sunday, December 21, 2008

SQL 2008

I installed SQL 2008 on my desktop today so I can checkout the new 2008 features. Immediately I can tell you that I like the IntelliSense feature that's built-in to the SQL Management Studio 2008. The table names and field names automatically popup for you. This makes SQL programming much easier.

ScreenHunter_01 Dec. 21 16.45

Also I came across a problem when I try to modify a table already existed in a database, it gave me a error telling me that "Saving changes is not permitted". I do a live search, I found the answer from Robert John MacLean's blog. All I have to do is to go to Tools | Options | Designers in SQL Management Studio 2008, uncheck the "Prevent saving changes that require table re-creation" option and click "OK". Now I can save my changes to the table.

ScreenHunter_02 Dec. 21 16.53

No comments: